|Celtics-Jazz Game Blog: Fourth Quarter||12.15.08 at 7:30 pm ET|
The final 12 minutes are going to be physical. Tony Allen is taking it hard to the basket and Andrei Kirilenko and Matt Harpring aren’t letting him get there easily. Leon Powe got whistled for a controversial moving block and the Garden is not happy about this one.
- As we reported earlier, Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps arrived at the Garden at halftime. During the fourth quarter he made an appearance with Jared Fogle (aka: The Subway Guy) to promote his recent endorsement with Subway.
- Gabe Pruitt’s back in and showing no hesitation on the long-range shot. After he drained a three a fan near me said, “I like this Pruitt kid.” Could he become this season’s Leon Powe? He got a standing O when he left the game.
- Kevin Garnett needs the fans to feel it, at least that’s what he said on the Jumbotron. KG is feeling it with a seven point lead heading into the final five. The starters are back in and all are in double digits tonight.
- Rondo and Williams are engaged in a battle of daring shots.
- After this game P.J. Brown isn’t the only Louisiana Tech alum the Celtics will remember. Paul Millsap has been the offensive spark for the Jazz and will finish as the game’s leading scorer barring a freakish offensive spree.
- Paul Pierce left the game with less than a minute left after a collision under the basket. Pierce grabbed his knee and was helped off the court by Glen Davis and Leon Powe.
- Game over. Celtics 100, Jazz 91. Recap here.
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/24
- Celtics deny Brooklyn Nets permission to speak to Doc Rivers
- Wyc Grousbeck: "I don't know what will happen"
- Jared Sullinger on the comeback trail
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/23
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed