Celtics-Jazz Game Blog: Second Quarter
|12.15.08 at 6:12 pm ET|
Before the start of the second quarter Kevin Garnett pulled Rajon Rondo … and a ball boy … aside to demonstrate an offensive scheme. KG ran over the move three times while the ball boy had a quiet smile on his face.
– There’s a man two rows from the court wearing a Sebastian Telfair jersey. Either he’s a diehard fan or he scored on the sale rack.
– Talk about a true second unit: Gabe Pruitt, Tony Allen, Brian Scalabrine, Glen Davis, and Leon Powe. I’m waiting for Patrick O’Bryant to check-in and then it’d feel like a real fourth quarter blow out.
– The Scal experiment has been short-lived tonight. Ray Allen’s back on the court with 8:30 left in the game, looking to push the Celtics lead back up to double-digits. Here comes KG … and Rondo. Doc’s going for defense with Ray and Tony Allen, Leon Powe, Garnett, and Rondo.
– Here’s the problem: the Celtics aren’t hitting their shots and the Jazz are having their way in the paint. The Celtics shot 6-for-18 from the field and scored just six points in the paint in the second quarter. The Jazz, on the other hand, scored 10 points in the paint. It’s tied 43-43 at the half and still anyone’s game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason