- Green Street - http://greenstreet.weei.com -
Celtics-Bulls Game Blog: Second Quarter
Posted By Paul Flannery On December 19, 2008 @ 6:10 pm In General | 1 Comment
Hey, look who’s back. Jess is out of town on business–yes we do have day jobs–so I will be your host all night. Let’s skip the formalities and get on with it, shall we?
FIRST HALF WRAP: The Celtics tunnel back to the locker room is right below where we sit and I think it’s safe to say they are not real happy. Would love to be back there right now. The Bulls shot 13-for-17 in the second quarter. Let me repeat that: They took 17 shots and made 13 of them. They probably didn’t shoot that well in warm-ups.
Normally you’d say watch the first five minutes of the third quarter to see if the Celtics regain control, but with the way the bench has been playing, you have to extend that to see if they have a lead at around the 8-minute mark of the fourth.
Offensively, this was one of the Celtics best halves of the season. They have 21 assists and just six turnovers, but they are not an offensive team at heart. Let’s just say the next 24 minutes are going to be very interesting.
– Good to see Gabe Pruitt getting some run tonight. I think the kid is going to wind up helping the C’s quite a bit in the second half of the season. Be sure to check out Jess’s piece on Gabe .
– Well, the talk will be about the bench blowing another big lead, but Chicago was going to start hitting shots at some point. That’s life in the NBA, but still, the bench has got to start protecting leads better.
– Drew Gooden has a right ankle sprain and is out for the game. That’s bad news for the Bulls who are already without Tyrus Thomas (concussion).
– Keep an eye on Baby. He was visibly upset after that four-point play and I have to say I’m not sure what his beef is. Looked pretty cut and dry from back here.
– The Bulls are 7-for-10 so far this quarter and have hit two of four 3-pointers. Really a porous defensive effort by the bench.
– No way Perkins makes that kind of move last year. Or the year before that or the year before that… His growth as an offensive player the last month has been staggering.
– So, with 2 minutes and change left in the half we’ve got a tie ballgame. The Bulls hot shooting didn’t go away once the starters returned either. They’re spreading the floor much better than they did in the first quarter and getting open jump shots. Which is different than just shooting jump shots.
– Do the fans that are chanting Scal-a-brine know that he’s in the game because KG got his third foul? Just askin’.
– Rondo has 10 assists already. Perkins has 17 points and KG and Paul Pierce have combined to take nine shots. Odd numbers there.
Article printed from Green Street: http://greenstreet.weei.com
URL to article: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/12/19/celtics-bulls-game-blog-second-quarter/
URLs in this post:
 > Celtics-Bulls Game Blog: Second Quarter" data-url="http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/12/19/celtics-bulls-game-blog-second-quarter/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
 Jess’s piece on Gabe: http://www.weei.com/Ainge-Helps-Pruitt-Win-the-Waiting-Game/3503064
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.