Celtics-Sixers Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
|12.23.08 at 7:30 pm ET|
At the start of the fourth … Celtics 78, Sixers 66
– Speights vs. Scal … dum dum dum. Speights was ejected back in November for commiting a flagrant foul on Scal. Let’s see if they can keep their hands to themselves tonight.
– Lou Williams vs. Eddie House … another good match up. Both are feisty guards, but House has the long-range advantage.
– The Garden just erupted for the announcement of the Bruins sixth consecutive win. A fan proudly flashed a Patrice Bergeron jersey, who like Big Baby suffered a concussion.
– It’s garbage time right now with the Celtics up by 20+. Scal, House, and Pruitt are tossing up threes while both teams are resting their starters.
– Both teams have hit 32 field goals and the 76ers are actually shooting better from the field (50% FG). Behind the arc, though, the Celtics are 4/10 while the Sixers are 0/9. The Cs are also beating them up on the boards even though Dalembert has finally decided to start rebounding.
– A “Beat LA” chant has started. It’s getting louder … and louder … and louder.
– Gino Time. The Cs are up 104-86 and KG is pointing to Gino like he’s never seen him before. Ray Allen added a shoulder shimmy.
– Game over. Celtics 110-91. The Celtics broke a franchise record set by the 1981-82 team with their 19th consecutive victory.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...