Celtics-Sixers Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
|12.23.08 at 7:30 pm ET|
At the start of the fourth … Celtics 78, Sixers 66
- Speights vs. Scal … dum dum dum. Speights was ejected back in November for commiting a flagrant foul on Scal. Let’s see if they can keep their hands to themselves tonight.
- Lou Williams vs. Eddie House … another good match up. Both are feisty guards, but House has the long-range advantage.
- The Garden just erupted for the announcement of the Bruins sixth consecutive win. A fan proudly flashed a Patrice Bergeron jersey, who like Big Baby suffered a concussion.
- It’s garbage time right now with the Celtics up by 20+. Scal, House, and Pruitt are tossing up threes while both teams are resting their starters.
- Both teams have hit 32 field goals and the 76ers are actually shooting better from the field (50% FG). Behind the arc, though, the Celtics are 4/10 while the Sixers are 0/9. The Cs are also beating them up on the boards even though Dalembert has finally decided to start rebounding.
- A “Beat LA” chant has started. It’s getting louder … and louder … and louder.
- Gino Time. The Cs are up 104-86 and KG is pointing to Gino like he’s never seen him before. Ray Allen added a shoulder shimmy.
- Game over. Celtics 110-91. The Celtics broke a franchise record set by the 1981-82 team with their 19th consecutive victory.
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/11
- Grantland's one-on-one interview with Brad Stevens: Steez, Ties, and Math
- Doc, Defense, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104