Celtics-Sixers Game Blog: Second Quarter
|12.23.08 at 6:12 pm ET|
At the start of the second quarter … Celtics 29, Sixers 25
– Early minutes for Gabe Pruitt. He checked in at 10:48. Makes sense to use Pruitt’s speed and explosiveness against the 76ers, who have been able to get out and run without Brand. The second unit’s getting an early look: Pruitt, Leon Powe, Tony Allen, Scal, and Eddie House.
– The 76ers are cringing at every blow of the whistle. First Andre Miller looked stunned when called for fouling Rondo, then Reggie Evans and Lou Williams looked perplexed by a offensive foul call on Evans. The Celtics are 8/8 from the line.
– Airball on a Reggie Evans free throw and it’s not the first time it happened here either. From November 28: The Celtics came out swinging with a 10-0 lead to kick off the quarter. Reggie Evans only added fuel to their fire by airballing a free throw.
– During a timeout Celtics President Rich Gotham and legend JoJo White presented former Celtics ball boy James Tolland with his 2008 championship ring. Tolland, who worked for the Celtics during their title run, will be deployed to Iraq in the coming months.
– Is this the Slam Dunk Contest? Iguodala is showing off his stuff with two emphatic jams in the quarter.
– The dunks didn’t look so impressive after Rondo drove through the Sixers for two reverse lay-ins.
– Paging Samuel Dalembert: Doing something, anything, in the paint. Dalembert is scoreless and has only four rebounds. He let Rondo, who is at least a foot shorter than him, make his way to the hoop without putting up a fight.
– At the half … Celtics 58, Sixers 44
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason