|Celtics-Sixers Game Blog: Second Quarter||12.23.08 at 6:12 pm ET|
At the start of the second quarter … Celtics 29, Sixers 25
- Junior Seau is here. No one has tackled him … yet. Ben Watson is also in the building.
- Early minutes for Gabe Pruitt. He checked in at 10:48. Makes sense to use Pruitt’s speed and explosiveness against the 76ers, who have been able to get out and run without Brand. The second unit’s getting an early look: Pruitt, Leon Powe, Tony Allen, Scal, and Eddie House.
- The 76ers are cringing at every blow of the whistle. First Andre Miller looked stunned when called for fouling Rondo, then Reggie Evans and Lou Williams looked perplexed by a offensive foul call on Evans. The Celtics are 8/8 from the line.
- Airball on a Reggie Evans free throw and it’s not the first time it happened here either. From November 28: The Celtics came out swinging with a 10-0 lead to kick off the quarter. Reggie Evans only added fuel to their fire by airballing a free throw.
- During a timeout Celtics President Rich Gotham and legend JoJo White presented former Celtics ball boy James Tolland with his 2008 championship ring. Tolland, who worked for the Celtics during their title run, will be deployed to Iraq in the coming months.
- Is this the Slam Dunk Contest? Iguodala is showing off his stuff with two emphatic jams in the quarter.
- The dunks didn’t look so impressive after Rondo drove through the Sixers for two reverse lay-ins.
- Paging Samuel Dalembert: Doing something, anything, in the paint. Dalembert is scoreless and has only four rebounds. He let Rondo, who is at least a foot shorter than him, make his way to the hoop without putting up a fight.
- At the half … Celtics 58, Sixers 44
- SBNation's Blogger Mock Draft
- Doc Rivers will make first public comments on future since end of season
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Where do the Celtics go from here? Post failed deal fallout
- Danny and Doc had a Splittsville On Ubuntu!!!!
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 6/18
- What is Value?