Could the Cavs Catch Up?
|12.29.08 at 9:01 am ET|
The Boston Celtics sudden two-game skid put the tight Eastern Conference race into perspective. It took just two losses for the Cleveland Cavaliers to be one game within the lead in the East. The Celtics and Cavs will battle next week in Cleveland, where the Cavs are a perfect 16-0. If both teams continue on a winning pace, it is a match up that could alter the standings. But could one team falter before then? Here is a look at their schedules before they meet next Friday, January 9.
December 30 @ Portland Trail Blazers (19-12)
January 2 vs. Washington Wizards (5-23)
January 4 @ New York Knicks (11-18)
January 6 @ Charlotte Bobcats (11-20)
January 7 vs. Houston Rockets (20-11)
The Celtics and Cavs have more to worry about than just each other. The Orlando Magic, currently on a seven-game winning streak, are only three games behind the Cs.
(Standings as of December 29)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?