Could the Cavs Catch Up?
|12.29.08 at 9:01 am ET|
The Boston Celtics sudden two-game skid put the tight Eastern Conference race into perspective. It took just two losses for the Cleveland Cavaliers to be one game within the lead in the East. The Celtics and Cavs will battle next week in Cleveland, where the Cavs are a perfect 16-0. If both teams continue on a winning pace, it is a match up that could alter the standings. But could one team falter before then? Here is a look at their schedules before they meet next Friday, January 9.
December 30 @ Portland Trail Blazers (19-12)
January 2 vs. Washington Wizards (5-23)
January 4 @ New York Knicks (11-18)
January 6 @ Charlotte Bobcats (11-20)
January 7 vs. Houston Rockets (20-11)
December 30 @ Miami Heat (16-13)
January 2 vs. Chicago Bulls (13-17)
January 4 @ Washington Wizards (5-23)
January 7 vs. Charlotte Bobcats (11-20)
The Celtics and Cavs have more to worry about than just each other. The Orlando Magic, currently on a seven-game winning streak, are only three games behind the Cs.
(Standings as of December 29)
- Celtics hoping to ground the high flying Nuggets
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/6
- Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to the Knicks
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown