Could the Cavs Catch Up?
|12.29.08 at 9:01 am ET|
The Boston Celtics sudden two-game skid put the tight Eastern Conference race into perspective. It took just two losses for the Cleveland Cavaliers to be one game within the lead in the East. The Celtics and Cavs will battle next week in Cleveland, where the Cavs are a perfect 16-0. If both teams continue on a winning pace, it is a match up that could alter the standings. But could one team falter before then? Here is a look at their schedules before they meet next Friday, January 9.
December 30 @ Portland Trail Blazers (19-12)
January 2 vs. Washington Wizards (5-23)
January 4 @ New York Knicks (11-18)
January 6 @ Charlotte Bobcats (11-20)
January 7 vs. Houston Rockets (20-11)
The Celtics and Cavs have more to worry about than just each other. The Orlando Magic, currently on a seven-game winning streak, are only three games behind the Cs.
(Standings as of December 29)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason