Celtics-Wizards Game Blog: Second Quarter
|01.02.09 at 6:11 pm ET|
FIRST HALF WRAP: It’s not surprising to see the Celtics up 58-34 at halftime. Not only are the Wizards undermanned, they are getting out-rebounded (27-17), out-shot (60.5% to 35.7%), and out-ball handled (18-11 ast). To put it simply, they are getting outplayed. Can the Wiz make a second half comeback? Doubtful.
Second Quarter Observations
– The second quarter kicks off with the refs ruling out an attempted buzzer beater by the Wizards. The Celtics have the early lead, 28-14.
– On the court for the Celtics: House, Tony Allen, Scal, Big Baby, Powe. For the Wizards it’s Young, Butler, Crittenton, Songalia, and Blatche (who has returned to the game after leaving with a left ankle injury).
– Jamison and Butler are back on the floor together. This is the Wizards best shot at closing in. The Celtics bench has had trouble holding big leads, so let’s see if they can fend off this talented duo for now.
– The Celtics have an 18-point lead and Ray Allen hasn’t even scored a basket. He’s come back in for Scal and will be back on Butler, who leads the Wiz with a whopping six points.
– Long-range shooting is keeping this game out reach for the Wizards. With six minutes left in the half, the Celtics are 6-for-7 from behind the arc while the Wiz are 0-for-5.
– When they both came down with the rebound, Perkins love-tapped KG on the head. Paging Garnett: He’s on your team.
– Up 23, Doc has the starting five back in. The Wizards must be thrilled.
– The Celtics close out the half up 58-34.