- Green Street - http://greenstreet.weei.com -
Celtics-Wizards Game Blog: Third Quarter
Posted By Paul Flannery On January 2, 2009 @ 6:50 pm In General | 1 Comment
In my time watching the NBA I have seen many a team blow 20-point halftime leads. But this doesn’t feel like one of those nights. For starters, the Celtics are motivated to put the unpleasantness of their west coast trip behind them. For seconders, the Wizards are just not any good. The Celtics shot 60 percent in the first half and had assists on 18 of their 23 field goals. Washington countered with 15-for-42 from the floor and Antawn Jamison was 4-for-15. Not good.
Will we get a Patrick O’Bryant sighting early? Let’s find out…
THIRD QUARTER WRAP: The Wizards are the NBA’s version of a slump-buster. This is just brutal tonight. After three, it’s 86-55. Ouch. Pierce has 26, Garnett 10 and 8, Perkins, 9 and 10, Rondo 10 and 14 assists and Ray Allen knocked down a 3 at the end of the frame to give him a tidy 11 points.
One would think that’s all for them tonight. Me too. Take it away Jess.
Third Quarter Observations
– The onslaught continues. Look, this is a really good sign for the C’s. Regardless of Washington’s record, or their talent level or anything else, for the Celtics to put the hammer down to start the third quarter shows they’re into this.
– Hey Matt Cassel is here.
– I’m trying to discern the Wizards offense, and I’m not having much luck. Neither are they for that matter.
– Not that it matters all that much, but the Wiz put Butler on Pierce.
– Butler is not having much success either. Pierce is 9-for-9 for 24 points. That will help the shooting average a bit. Somewhat ironically he does have a miss from the free throw line. Is that irony? I’m not sure anymore. Blowouts mess with your mind sometimes.
– You know, Darius Songalia plays hard. He’s basically having to play center, which is ridiculous, but he competes.
– Who is having a worse night? The Wizards, or Alabama? Roll Tide.
– Garnett is out, probably for the rest of the night. 10 points, 8 rebounds and 25 minutes. That last number makes Doc happy. He’s the only other guy in double figures besides Pierce who has 26 points.
Article printed from Green Street: http://greenstreet.weei.com
URL to article: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2009/01/02/celtics-wizards-game-blog-third-quarter/
URLs in this post:
 > Celtics-Wizards Game Blog: Third Quarter" data-url="http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2009/01/02/celtics-wizards-game-blog-third-quarter/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.