Horry Interested in Celtics
|01.02.09 at 12:39 pm ET|
A few weeks after WEEI.com’s Jeff Goodman told how Stephon Marbury is on the Boston Celtics’ radar, another NBA vet is reportedly eyeing the Cs as well. The Sacramento Bee has reported Robert Horry has added the Celtics to his list of possible destinations should he play again this season.
Robert Horry ‘ after previously saying he would consider playing only for the Spurs, Rockets or Mavericks because they are likely playoff teams close to his Houston home or Orlando because he could take his kids to Disney World ‘ has not ruled out the Celtics.
While many vets come to Boston in appreciation of the organization’s storied history, Horry hasn’t always been in awe of their past championship squads. In 2007 Horry bragged that his title-winning San Antonio Spurs could beat both the Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers teams from the 80s.
“We would beat them,” he boasted.
If Horry were to land in Boston, he would need a crash course in Celtic Pride.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?