Horry Interested in Celtics
|01.02.09 at 12:39 pm ET|
A few weeks after WEEI.com’s Jeff Goodman told how Stephon Marbury is on the Boston Celtics’ radar, another NBA vet is reportedly eyeing the Cs as well. The Sacramento Bee has reported Robert Horry has added the Celtics to his list of possible destinations should he play again this season.
Robert Horry – after previously saying he would consider playing only for the Spurs, Rockets or Mavericks because they are likely playoff teams close to his Houston home or Orlando because he could take his kids to Disney World – has not ruled out the Celtics.
While many vets come to Boston in appreciation of the organization’s storied history, Horry hasn’t always been in awe of their past championship squads. In 2007 Horry bragged that his title-winning San Antonio Spurs could beat both the Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers teams from the 80s.
Horry is an authority on all things NBA championships, and Big Shot Bob had a message about his San Antonio Spurs for the great Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics teams of the 1980s.
“We would beat them,” he boasted.
If Horry were to land in Boston, he would need a crash course in Celtic Pride.
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4
- Early conclusions after 20 games
- Jared Sullinger Drawing the Double Team and Assessing the Boston Celtics...
- Jordan Crawford Does it Again, Boston Celtics beat Milwaukee Bucks...
- Boston Celtics respond with a win, beat Milwaukee Bucks, 108-100
- Jeff Green Latest to Shoot Down Boston Celtics Tanking Talk