Celtics will be tested
|01.04.09 at 11:47 am ET|
On Sunday the inconsistent Boston Celtics bench will be tested by a newly improved New York Knicks second unit. The trade for Al Harrington gives the Knicks the luxury of having a starter come off the bench. Celtics head coach Doc Rivers said the Knicks reserves were already deep with guard Nate Robinson and the addition of Harrington gives the second unit even more weapons.
‘[Harrington] can go from the post to the three-point line and the four spot, and it makes it a very difficult cover,’ Rivers said after Saturday’s practice. ‘They also put him at the three at times which makes them a more physical team. So I guess he’s giving them versatility. When you look at with (Zach) Randolph, he was a post guy. There was no doubt about that. He was going to go to the post, so I think that’s where they changed.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason