Celtics-Rockets Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
|01.07.09 at 7:28 pm ET|
- I’m hoping for more Pierce vs. Artest action in the fourth quarter. They love to hate each other on the court and I haven’t seen another player target Pierce as intensely as Artest.
– Huge 3 for Pruitt. He can be explosive when given the minutes.
– Adalius Thomas wants you to get up out your seats and make some noise. His message was just as effective and a lot less startling than Big Baby’s frenzied plea earlier.
– Double fouls issued to Artest and Allen. Looked like Artest pulled Allen to the ground but the Celtics are going to have to fight for this one tonight.
– “In the Air Tonight” is on so you know what that means. KG is about to be unleashed on the Rockets.
– What was that? On a drive to the basket Artest bobbled to ball, seemed to pass it back and forth to himself a few times, then landed on the fans sitting courtside before the shot clock ran out.
– Artest fouled out with three minutes to go. Pierce kindly pointed to the bench, not once, not twice, but enough times to rattle Artest. Were those tears a la Big Baby we saw on the Jumbotron? The Pierce vs. Artest battle is over but everyone got their money’s worth. I’ve never seen Pierce react so strongly to the disqualification of another player.
– Excitement aside there’s no ignoring Perk’s struggle tonight. He is scoreless and reboundless in the second half and hasn’t found a way to contain Yao.
– Rondo, who has been quiet as well, doesn’t have to stress about finding his teammates when they are getting him the ball. Nice dish from KG to Rondo under the basket to give the Celtics a one-point lead with 1:30 to go.
– Homecourt advantage? Pierce got whistled for an offensive foul with a minute to go. Wonder if Artest is snickering about that from the bench. That late game call could come back to haunt the Celtics.
– It did.