|Celtics-Rockets Game Blog: Second Quarter||01.07.09 at 6:16 pm ET|
HALFTIME WRAP: No T-Mac, no problem for the Rockets in the first half. The Celtics have been unable to stop Houston in the paint and find themselves down by three at the half. Perk has been virtually ineffective down low (0 points, 3 rebounds) and the Celtics will have to ramp up their defensive efforts to slow down Yao Ming, Ron Artest, and Aaron Brooks (37 points combined).
- Doc Rivers said Gabe Pruitt has earned more playing time and he’s on the court at the start of the second quarter. It’s Pruitt/Powe/Davis/Pierce/House vs. Brooks/Landry/Barry/Hayes/Artest.
- Carl Landry’s future with the Rockets was in question this summer. After a lengthy negotiation Landry returned to Houston and is giving the Rockets a spark off the bench. He already has four points and four rebounds in 10 minutes.
- Doc’s going with a lineup we haven’t seen much of: House/Pruitt/Ray Allen/Garnett/Powe. Rivers said he only felt comfortable with Pruitt and House in the backcourt together if their were playing a smaller team.
- Here comes Scal. Whereas Pierce could battle all night with Artest, Scal high-fived him after fouling/practically landing on top of #96.
- All sorts of size mismatches on the court … 7’6 Yao vs. 6’8 Powe … 6’11 KG vs. 6’6 Hayes … even 6’1 Rondo vs. the no-way-is-he-really 6′ Brooks.
- Time for Celtics Karaoke on the JumboTron. Tonight it’s Ray Allen “singing” the theme song to “Cheers.” It’d be better if people didn’t know his name after that rendition.
- With two minutes to go, KG finally drew the first personal foul on Yao Ming. That should tell you something about the Celtics aggression down low. So far they’ve been outscored 20-10 in the paint.
- That’s something to think about as the Celtics enter halftime trailing 52-49.
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot
- Celtics may be looking to move up in NBA draft
- Stephen A. Smith back with more Doc Rivers rumors
- Celtics offseason trade ideas