Former Celtic Still Searching
|01.07.09 at 7:34 am ET|
Former Boston Celtic training camp invitee Darius Miles is still searching for a home in the NBA. The Memphis Commercial Appeal reported Miles was waived by the Memphis Grizzlies following Tuesday’s loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves. The big man was scoreless in two games for the Griz after being signed to a non-guaranteed contract in December. The team had to decide by 5 p.m. today whether or not to guarantee his deal for the rest of the season. An injury to center Darko Milicic forced the team to keep their options open.
“I thought he did a good job,” Grizzlies GM Chris Wallace told the Appeal. “He was everything the people in Boston told us. He showed me he could come back and play. Unfortunately for Darius, when we had to injury to Darko it put us in a precarious situation with our big men.”
Miles was waived by the Celtics before the start of the regular season.
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4
- Early conclusions after 20 games
- Jared Sullinger Drawing the Double Team and Assessing the Boston Celtics...
- Jordan Crawford Does it Again, Boston Celtics beat Milwaukee Bucks...