Rondo’s keys to snapping a skid
|01.07.09 at 6:42 pm ET|
Rajon Rondo can’t pinpoint exactly why the Boston Celtics have been struggling but he has a few ideas on how to get back on track. On Wednesday, the Cs point guard explained how he wanted to bounce back against the Houston Rockets:
Be up for the challenge: ‘Doc told us from the beginning that it’s going to be like that every night. We’d be a team’s Game 7, especially the Warriors, Charlotte, New York and they played extremely hard.’
Match the intensity: ‘We’re definitely getting every team’s best shot. Guys are playing extremely hard against us every time we play one particular team. So we’ve got to come out every night and it starts with defense. We have to talk more, communicate better, play better, and get it going on the offensive end as well.’
Want it more: ‘We just need to get down and dirty. We need to fight for loose balls, get out on hustle plays, win the hustle wars … Not the whole games but it seems like in key possessions they’re outhustling us.’
Remember Ubuntu: ‘We’ll stick together. This is a tough time for us right now but we’ve just got to handle the adversity and I’m sure we’ll bounce back from it.’
Build momentum for the road: ‘We’re just in a slump right now and we’ve got to find a way to get out of it. And it starts tonight. But we’ve got to carry it over when we go to Cleveland (on Friday).’
Stay confident: ‘Every game we go through right now, the tough times can only you stronger. Like they say, if it doesn’t kill you it makes you stronger. We’ll find a way.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...