Celtics-Raptors Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
|01.12.09 at 7:24 pm ET|
Hey look, who’s back. Jess is tracking a story down right now I’ll be your guide through the fourth.
FOURTH QUARTER WRAP: A long rebound. That’s all the separated the Celtics from a huge win in regulation. Give the Raptors credit though. They could have packed it in and they took every shot the Celtics had and had one last big Joe Frazier-esque hook left in them.
So we go to overtime.
–This is the bench has played in about a month. Great energy. Great execution.
— What is about the Raptors that inspires these great games? Great matchups, sure, but these have been some of the best games of the season.
— Gotta love Gabe Pruitt’s fearlessness so far.
— Whew. OK, we needed to catch our breath there. Win or lose, this has been an inspiring performance by the Celtics. Shorthanded, tired, you know all the stuff that’s going on with this team. It’s not just that the shots have started falling, the defensive effort has been turned up about 10 notches, or 11 if you’re a fan of Nigel Tufnel.
— David Jones is not making any fans with his calls tonight, but I have to say I think he’s been right on the money. There are a few refs in this league who would not have made those calls against the home team, especially with a crowd as amped up as this one.
— KG has an extra hop in his step. Not sure if it was clear on the TV how in Bosh’s face he was.
– We have 5 minutes and 16 seconds left and for the life of me I have no idea how this one is going to turn out. The Raptors have to go to Bosh down the stretch. The Celtics have been riding Pierce and he’s got that in the flow no one can guard me thing going on. Just a tremendous game tonight.
— KG is doing work on Bosh. That’s why he is the best defensive player in the league.
— Suddenly the Raptors look very very tired.
— Tough call on Leon. Thought he got there. It’s worth mentioning that Joey Graham has been a pain in Pierce’s neck since he took the assignment.
— You may not see a better defensive play than the one Garnett just laid down on Graham. Amazing.
— Big shot by Will Solomon. The Raptors are hanging in there.
— For the first time in the fourth quarter the seas parted and Pierce had a clear lane to the hoop. You just can’t handle the Truth.
— I’m not sure this game can handle overtime. Who gets the shot for the Raps? Kapono? Bargnani?
— OK so the answer was Anthony Parker and Bargnani. Unreal.
— Can’t argue with that call. Great inbound play drawn up by Doc. Overtime it is.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...