Celtics-Raptors Game Blog: Overtime
|01.12.09 at 7:58 pm ET|
OT WRAP: In one of the most hard-fought regular season NBA games you will ever see the Celtics completed a back-to-back sweep of the Toronto Raptors. It took overtime, it took 50 minutes and 39 points out of Paul Pierce, but the Celtics got it done.
The recap is here. Much more to follow.
— No idea how this one is going to turn out. No one’s really in foul trouble as we start the extra session. Garnett just got his fourth, and as I type, so did Bargnani.
— Good move by the C’s to get away from the post Paul up on the elbow offense that they’ve been running for the last five minutes. They need some motion. And there it is.
— The Celtics landed the first big punch of the OT. When there were about 5 minutes left I thought win or lose this was one the Celtics could build on. I still think that, sort of, but I also think that if they lost it would be a killer. (Wonder what the rookies think about the atmosphere in here tonight, by the way).
— The Celtics bench thinks Ukic is warding off Rondo with his arm.
— That was the first triple team of the night. In other words, somebody screwed up for the Raptors (I think it was Kapono) and Leon got a layup.
— Huge possession here. One stop and it’s just about over.
— It is just about over.
— Like what I’ve seen out of Ukic tonight. The kid is a player.
— It is not quite over.
— It is over.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason