At the half … Raptors 54, Celtics  45
For Paul’s first quarter recap, click here .
– Doc’s going with Pierce and the bench to start the second quarter. Interesting that Pierce, who was questionable for tonight’s game (knee), is still on the court and showing no hesitation driving hard to the hoop. The Celtics have been looking for an offensive spark in the second unit. Will it be Leon Powe  and Big Baby to get it done down low or will Eddie House  and Gabe Pruitt  get hot from long range?
– Joey Graham is in with Scal on the bench. At least that altercation is avoided for now.
– Leon Powe vs. Chris Bosh. This could be a problem. Bosh’s arms are about 10 feet long (ok not quite) and he’s flailing them all over the place at Powe. The challenge for Powe will be stopping him without getting into foul trouble. The Celtics are shorthanded at the five spot and can’t afford to lose anyone tonight.
– Who’s that guy on the Raptors? That point guard is Roko Ukic and he was drafted by Toronto back in ’05. He had been developing his game in Europe (Croatia, Spain, and Italy) before coming to the NBA to back up Jose Calderon this season.
– Andrea Bargnani’s shot chart will be interesting. So far he has hit a long-range jumper, driven to the hoop, and tapped in an offensive rebound. It is a versatility that is often heard but not always seen.
– Down 45-37, the starters are back on the court. Pruitt was scoreless and House only had three points, so the offense will have to come from somewhere else.
– Will Solomon is standing attentively at the Raptors bench. Over on the Celtics bench, Big Baby is sitting with his head in his hands. The Celtics are down 12.
– Huge dunk and some full court press from KG. He also threw in a few extra words for Kris Humphries.
– Ray Allen  capped off the first half with a putback of his own missed layin. At the half … Raptors 54, Celtics 45.