Perkins out through this week
|01.12.09 at 4:40 pm ET|
Boston Celtics starting center Kendrick Perkins will miss at least the next three games with a reoccuring left shoulder injury. He did not play in Sunday’s game against the Toronto Raptors, is inactive for tonight’s game against the Raptors, and is not expected to play in Wednesday and Saturday’s games against the New Jersey Nets.
“Once it goes out we basically are going to have to be just lucky,” Doc Rivers said before the game.
Rivers sited Perkins’ injury for his lack of productivity on the glass. He said Perk has not been able to effectively rebound since he hurt his shoulder on Christmas Day against the Los Angeles Lakers. Perkins is averaging 8.8 points and 8.1 rebounds in 27 games this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason