Perkins out through this week
|01.12.09 at 4:40 pm ET|
Boston Celtics starting center Kendrick Perkins will miss at least the next three games with a reoccuring left shoulder injury. He did not play in Sunday’s game against the Toronto Raptors, is inactive for tonight’s game against the Raptors, and is not expected to play in Wednesday and Saturday’s games against the New Jersey Nets.
“Once it goes out we basically are going to have to be just lucky,” Doc Rivers said before the game.
Rivers sited Perkins’ injury for his lack of productivity on the glass. He said Perk has not been able to effectively rebound since he hurt his shoulder on Christmas Day against the Los Angeles Lakers. Perkins is averaging 8.8 points and 8.1 rebounds in 27 games this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...