Perkins out through this week
|01.12.09 at 4:40 pm ET|
Boston Celtics starting center Kendrick Perkins will miss at least the next three games with a reoccuring left shoulder injury. He did not play in Sunday’s game against the Toronto Raptors, is inactive for tonight’s game against the Raptors, and is not expected to play in Wednesday and Saturday’s games against the New Jersey Nets.
“Once it goes out we basically are going to have to be just lucky,” Doc Rivers said before the game.
Rivers sited Perkins’ injury for his lack of productivity on the glass. He said Perk has not been able to effectively rebound since he hurt his shoulder on Christmas Day against the Los Angeles Lakers. Perkins is averaging 8.8 points and 8.1 rebounds in 27 games this season.
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9