Game Preview: Minutes Up for Grabs
|01.12.09 at 12:13 pm ET|
There may be plenty of minutes to go around when then Boston Celtics take on the Toronto Raptors on Monday night at the TD BankNorth Garden. Both teams are banged up and will rely on their reserves for major PT. Here is a look at the Celtics and Raptors injury reports:
Paul Pierce (knee): questionable
Tony Allen (ankle): questionable
Kendrick Perkins (shoulder): questionable
Rajon Rondo (shoulder): expected to play
Jermaine O’Neal (knee): out
Jose Calderon (hamstring): out
In Sunday’s match up between these Atlantic Division foes, Glen Davis played 30 minutes off the bench for the Celtics. Joey Graham and Jason Kapono combined for nearly 50 minutes for the Raptors. Eddie House, Leon Powe, and Gabe Pruitt each played less than 10 minutes and will have fresh legs for the Cs. Everyone on the Raptors except for big men Jason Voshkul and Kris Humphries played at least ten minutes.
Will Celtics rookies J.R. Giddens and Bill Walker get on the court? Better yet, will Sam Cassell play his first minutes of the season? With a game coming up on Wednesday and their starting lineup worn down from yesterday’s contest, the Celtics can’t afford to burn out their healthy players tonight.
- Celtics visit Knicks looking for 3rd straight win
- State of the Celtics: Can Jeff Green be a top two player on a contending...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/7
- State of the Celtics: Is this team too talented to get a high draft pick?
- Should the Boston Celtics Still be Tanking?
- Kris Humphries Seizing the Moment, Leads Boston Celtics past Denver...
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98