Celtics-Nets Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
|01.14.09 at 9:37 pm ET|
What better way to kick off the final 12 minutes of a blowout than by introducing one of the Red Sox newest pitchers? Brad Penny helped Lucky out with a dunk in between quarters just as David Ortiz has done many times.
- Bill Walker is on the court for his first minutes since being called up from the D-League. Fellow rookie J.R. Giddens is inactive tonight. Check back later for more on Giddens’ call up.
- Split screen on the Jumbotron of Walter McCarty and Tommy Heinsohn. McCarty mouthed, “I love Tommy” … a true Celtic.
- If you are looking to stay occupied during this blowout, check out Chris Douglas-Roberts’ arm. That’s some serious reading material.
- Gino Time. Celtics 105, Nets 78.
- It only took Walker eight minutes to become and instant replay. Patrick O’Bryant scored, too. The Nets have a lot to learn from this game.
- The Garden is clearing out with two minutes to go. This game was over in the third quarter.
- Eddie House limped off the court with under a minute to go. More details as they become available.
Final Score: Celtics 118, Celtics 86
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9
- State of the Celtics: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of...
- Paul Pierce practices, might play tomorrow against Celtics