|Sounds of the game… Celtics 104, Suns 87||01.20.09 at 1:48 am ET|
For the Celtics, Monday night was an embarrassment of riches. For the Phoenix Suns, it was just an embarrassment.
Rajon Rondo had perennial All-World point guard Steve Nash for lunch, scoring 23 points while dishing out seven assists and grabbing five rebounds in three quarters. Nash was held to 12 points and eight meaningless assists.
Kevin Garnett and Brian Scalabrine feasted on Shaq Diesel, who couldn’t believe his teammates didn’t bother showing up.
The Celtics forced 15 first half turnovers, matching the same number of field goals the Suns managed in the same 24 minutes.
Maybe the Celtics were inspired by the fact that they will be traveling to Washington early Tuesday for the historical inauguration of Barack Obama. Whatever the reason, the Celtics made the Suns look like the Arizona Cardinals when they visited Foxboro in December.
But, as the Cardinals showed, regular season games sometimes don’t mean much, just don’t tell Shaq that.
- Boston Celtics Links 6/19
- SBNation's Blogger Mock Draft
- Doc Rivers will make first public comments on future since end of season
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Where do the Celtics go from here? Post failed deal fallout
- Danny and Doc had a Splittsville On Ubuntu!!!!
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 6/18