Celtics-Mavericks Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
|01.25.09 at 2:56 pm ET|
At the start of the fourth quarter … Celtics 103, Mavs 78
– The Celtics are in cruise control but they allowed the Mavericks to score 31 points in the third quarter.
– No dunks from Gerald Green tonight but there’s always the possibility of a few highlight clips with Bill Walker on the court. On the court for the Celtics: Walker, Davis, House, Scal, and Pruitt. For the Mavs: Nowitzki, Bass, Terry. Kidd, Howard. Rick Carlisle isn’t giving up just yet.
– Brandon Bass wasn’t going to just let Big Baby get to the basket. Bass pushed around his former LSU teammate in a match up that will be fun to watch in the fourth.
– Six minutes to go … is it Gino Time already? A 29-point lead warrants a celebration.
– The Celtics starters outscored the Mavs starting five 75-52.
– Celtics win 124-100 and reclaim the lead in the Eastern Conference.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?