Celtics-Mavericks Game Blog: Second Quarter
|01.25.09 at 1:37 pm ET|
At the half … Celtics 74, Mavs 47
Second Quarter Observations:
7: the number of field goals Dirk Nowitzki has attempted.
0: the number of field goals he has made.
- The Dallas Mavericks looked unmotivated in the first quarter and the Celtics enter the second with a 38-23 lead. The Garden crowd, which was a bit sleepy at the start of the game, have more energy than the Mavs right now.
- The Mavs are trying to take advantage of the Celtics second unit at the start of the quarter. Scal on Nowtizki could be worrisome as Dirk is getting wide open looks and rebounds.
- That didn’t last long for Gabe Pruitt. He got called for three fouls in two minutes, sending him to the bench.
- No jumpshot? Rondo has hit three Js against a Mavericks team who two seasons ago purposely left him open … to miss.
- For those of you waiting to catch a dunk from Gerald Green, there’ll be no dunking going on in street clothes. Green is inactive for this game.
- Nomar Garciaparra and Lou Merloni are in the building.
- Ray Allen’s getting a breather with six minutes to go after scoring 19 points in 17 minutes. He has made more field goals than Nowitzki, Jason Kidd, and Josh Howard combined.
- 6’1 Rondo picked off an overhead pass from 6’11 Erick Dampier. This is the type of focus the Mavs have been playing with today.
- At the half … Celtics 74, Mavs 47
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9