Celtics-Mavericks Game Blog: Second Quarter
|01.25.09 at 1:37 pm ET|
At the half … Celtics 74, Mavs 47
Second Quarter Observations:
7: the number of field goals Dirk Nowitzki has attempted.
0: the number of field goals he has made.
– The Dallas Mavericks looked unmotivated in the first quarter and the Celtics enter the second with a 38-23 lead. The Garden crowd, which was a bit sleepy at the start of the game, have more energy than the Mavs right now.
– The Mavs are trying to take advantage of the Celtics second unit at the start of the quarter. Scal on Nowtizki could be worrisome as Dirk is getting wide open looks and rebounds.
– That didn’t last long for Gabe Pruitt. He got called for three fouls in two minutes, sending him to the bench.
– No jumpshot? Rondo has hit three Js against a Mavericks team who two seasons ago purposely left him open … to miss.
– For those of you waiting to catch a dunk from Gerald Green, there’ll be no dunking going on in street clothes. Green is inactive for this game.
– Nomar Garciaparra and Lou Merloni are in the building.
– 6’1 Rondo picked off an overhead pass from 6’11 Erick Dampier. This is the type of focus the Mavs have been playing with today.
– At the half … Celtics 74, Mavs 47
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason