- Green Street - http://greenstreet.weei.com -
Celtics-Kings Game Blog: Third Quarter
Posted By Paul Flannery On January 28, 2009 @ 9:00 pm In General | 1 Comment
And we’re back. What can the Celtics do for an encore after dropping 40 points on the Kings in the second quarter? Let’s find out…
THIRD QUARTER WRAP: Sacramento cut into the lead ever so slightly and are now down 16 points, 92-76. Rajon Rondo and Kevin Garnett took care of the bulk of the scoring for the C’s as they ran the same post-up, give-and-go over and over again.
The first few minutes of the fourth will tell us whether we’ll have a game or extended garbage time.
Third Quarter Observations
– The bench scored 34 points in the first half. Remember when they couldn’t do anything right?
– Have to say that I like Jason Thompson. He’s got a nice touch and he’s quick off the floor. For a small-school player he seems fairly unintimidated as well. Geoff Petrie has made some questionable trades over the last few years but he has drafted well.
– KG and Rondo are running the give-and-go like Larry and Walton tonight.
– Between them Garnett and Rondo have scored 32 points and handed out 14 assists. Now, a good number of those assists have led to points by the other so this isn’t entirely apt, but together they have generated 60 points. The Kings have scored 62.
– Here’s another odd one. The Celtics have scored 86 points and Pierce does not have a made field goal and Perkins has not even attempted a shot.
– Awesome offensive performance by the Celtics tonight, but I don’t think they’re going to be too happy about their defense. Sure it’s nit-picking in a blowout, but the Kings are shooting 49 percent and are 7-for-16 from 3-point range.
– So, the Kings have this one down to a dozen. What’s the point when a team is officially back in a game? Ten points is the standard measure but that’s just because it’s a nice round number. I think the number is actually closer to 12 because a couple of 3-pointers can slice that lead in half.
Article printed from Green Street: http://greenstreet.weei.com
URL to article: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2009/01/28/celtics-kings-game-blog-third-quarter/
URLs in this post:
 > Celtics-Kings Game Blog: Third Quarter" data-url="http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2009/01/28/celtics-kings-game-blog-third-quarter/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.