Preview: Celtics vs. Kings
|01.28.09 at 9:13 am ET|
On Wednesday night the Boston Celtics (37-9) will take on the Sacramento Kings (10-37) at the TD BankNorth Garden. In December the Celtics took the frustrations of a 1-4 road trip out on the Kings in a 45-point blowout. Since then the Cs are back on track, riding an eight game winning streak. The Kings, on the other hand, have lost eight of their last ten contests.
Rocking the House
Eddie House has shot 7-for-11 from three-point range twice in the last three games. His 17 treys over the last five games rank him third in the league, behind only Mo Williams and Peja Stojakovic. House shot 3-for-9 from downtown against his last meeting against the Kings.
Cracking Down on D
The Celtics have outscored their opponents by more than 16 points per game during their winning streak. They have also held their competition to a league-low 41.6% FG and 14.8 assists over the last five games. The Celtics have won by double-digits in every game since January 14’s 32-point victory over the New Jersey Nets.
Brian Scalabrine will not play after suffering a concussion in Tuesday’s practice at the hands of Patrick O’Bryant. It was his second blow to the head in three days. Scalabrine absorbed Dirk Notwizki’s elbow on Sunday and did not practice on Monday. Tony Allen (ankle) is expected to return against the Kings. He has not played since January 4.
Tip-off is at 7:30pm EST. Stay with WEEI’s Celtics Game Day Blog for all the latest from the Garden.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...