Celtics-TWolves Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
|02.01.09 at 2:01 pm ET|
For Paul’s third quarter recap, click here.
Fourth Quarter Observations
– Doc started the fourth quarter with Pierce and the second unit in. Jefferson is taking a breather so this would be a good opportunity for Powe and Davis to take advantage at the hoop.
– Still waiting for Kevin Love to score. He was, after all, a top five draft pick but has struggled with first-year inconsistencies this season.
– I have to give the T’Wolves credit today. They’re managing to keep it close without Rashad McCants, who was favoring his right elbow before the game. McCants it their leading scorer off the bench and so far they’ve got just 11 points out of the reserves so far.
– Big Al has developed into such a versatile player since leaving Boston. Guys like Dwight Howard and Shaq get credit for being a big body in the paint but Jefferson has added a dangerous mid-range shot to his repertoire. Have I mentioned Jefferson was snubbed??
– A trey and three-point play from Randy Foye closed the gap, but Pierce thrives in close games. The captain is already pushing 40 points and there is still two minutes to go.
– The Garden’s clearing out with the Celtics up by eight at the 30-second mark.
– Celtics win, 109-101.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason