- Green Street - http://greenstreet.weei.com -
Celtics-Lakers Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
Posted By Jessica Camerato On February 5, 2009 @ 10:17 pm In General | 1 Comment
At the start of the fourth … Celtics 81, Lakers 77
For Paul’s third quarter recap, click here .
Fourth Quarter Observations:
- The Celtics and Lakers have each hit 30 field goals. The Cs have a slight edge at the line (13 to 12) and behind the arc (eight to five). Their big advantage comes on the glass (35 to 29) and consequently off of fast breaks (17 to 11).
- Tony Allen vs. Sasha Vujacic: let the emotions start flowing.
- Trevor Ariza’s having trouble guarding Pierce. He got whistled late in the third to boost the Celtics momentum and got called for another foul a minute into the fourth.
- Remember how Doc said Powe would break out of his slump? So far he has eight points and seven rebounds in 13 minutes.
- Doc has put the starters back in with 6:40 to go. The Lakers are going with their starters minus Walton/plus Vujacic. Odom is the problematic one tonight, not Kobe. He’s gone to the line nine times, most recently drawing KG’s fifth foul.
- Garnett fouled out on a controversial call with 4:22 left in the game and the Celtics up 95-93. Lakers don’t have Andrew Bynum, Celtics don’t have KG. Let’s see who pulls it out without their bigs. Big Baby gets the nod for Garnett.
- During a timeout the entire Celtics bench was on their feet … except for KG. It must be killing him to be on the sidelines. Missing the game with the flu is one thing. Fouling out on a ticky-tack call is another.
- Celtics caught a break with a Lakers 24-second violation. Apparently Gasol thought the ball hit the rim while he looked for the open player. Doc’s going for stops with Eddie House on the bench.
- Kobe, Paul, or Ray. Who’s going for the big shots?
- Pierce’s free throw tied it up at 101 apiece and the Celtics are facing overtime if they can’t pull of a game-winner with seven seconds to go.
- And we’re headed to OT.
Article printed from Green Street: http://greenstreet.weei.com
URL to article: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2009/02/05/celtics-lakers-game-blog-fourth-quarter/
URLs in this post:
 > Celtics-Lakers Game Blog: Fourth Quarter" data-url="http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2009/02/05/celtics-lakers-game-blog-fourth-quarter/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
 click here: http://blogs.weei.com/paulflannery/2009/02/05/celtics-lakers-game-blog-third-quarter/
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.