Celtics-Lakers Game Blog: OT
|02.05.09 at 11:00 pm ET|
At the start of overtime … Celtics 101, Lakers 101
– Missed free throws and a fumbled game winner? Very uncharacteristic of Paul Pierce. Nonetheless the Celtics will have to play another five minutes without Garnett.
– Ray Allen is itching to take over. I say let him have the ball.
– Pierce’s sweatband was nearly knocked off his head and Allen fell to the ground trying to take a charge from Gasol. The Celtics are getting frustrated by the no-calls but emotions can’t get in the way in close situations like this.
– Big Baby will not give up on his jumper and it finally paid off. He is one-for-seven from the field but his single shot put the Celtics up 109-108 … Spoke to soon. Davis got shot happy and attempted another J, which fell short and eventually resulted in two free throws by Odom.
– Looks like Fisher took a foot to the head courtesy of Rondo after the two chased after the ball. Fisher got whistled for the non-shooting foul. Another game-winner for Ray? Not this time. Lakers 110, Celtics 109.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?