Pierce fighting for a cure
|02.17.09 at 3:07 pm ET|
Paul Pierce is reaching out to help find a cure for a five-year-old girl with leukemia. Jasmina Anema of New York City requires a bone marrow transplant for a rare and aggressive form of the disease. Pierce made a plea for donors on his website, www.paulpierce.net:
“As a father myself, it is awful to see such a little girl have to fight such a challenging disease like leukemia. I encourage the African American community to join the National Registry to help children like Jasmina.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?