Pierce fighting for a cure
|02.17.09 at 3:07 pm ET|
Paul Pierce is reaching out to help find a cure for a five-year-old girl with leukemia. Jasmina Anema of New York City requires a bone marrow transplant for a rare and aggressive form of the disease. Pierce made a plea for donors on his website, www.paulpierce.net:
“As a father myself, it is awful to see such a little girl have to fight such a challenging disease like leukemia. I encourage the African American community to join the National Registry to help children like Jasmina.”
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4