Garnett strains knee
|02.20.09 at 12:24 am ET|
Late in the first half of the Celtics game with the Utah Jazz, Kevin Garnett came down awkwardly favoring his right knee. He left the game and tried to come out and play in the second half, but coach Doc Rivers shut him down. Brian Scalabrine started the second half in his place.
TNT’s Cheryl Miller reported that the Celtics are calling it a “strained right knee.”
We’ll have more after the game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...