Celtics-Pacers Game Blog: Second Quarter
|02.27.09 at 8:12 pm ET|
At the start of the second quarter … Celtics 26, Pacers 18
- Stephon Marbury may be Enemy Number One to some Knicks fans, but Celtics fans are quick to embrace him. Marbury received a standing ovation when he checked in late in the first quarter. They followed up with a loud cheer the first time he brought the ball up the court. Mikki Moore received about a fifth of the applause when he made his Garden debut.
- Marbury scored his first points as a Celtic less than two minutes into the second quarter.
- Doc is going with the frontcourt duo of Leon Powe and Moore. The (barely) 6-8 Powe appreciates the move back to power forward. He doesn’t have to guard Shaq anymore, he joked.
- During an early timeout, Doc and assistant coach Tom Thibodeau separately pulled Moore aside for some one-on-one feedback.
- Eddie House is sharing the backcourt with Marbury. Doc likes this combination and thinks it will help House. “In the grand scheme of things, I think it’ll make Eddie a better player because now Eddie can become a shooter almost full time,” Rivers said. “He can run he floor, he can come off picks. The point guards will still probably have to guard Eddie. The two guards will guard Steph together, and I think of all the guys who this benefits it’s probably Eddie.”
- How are the Celtics losing this game? Being outrebounded 23-11 never bodes well.
- The Phoenix Suns were interested in rookie Brandon Rush last summer and it’s easy to see why. Rush has the shot to make an impact of the bench and would have been another scoring option for Steve Nash (who, as the Celtics have exposed twice this season, isn’t the same player he used to be). Rush has 13 first half points.
- At the half … Pacers 49, Celtics 48
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/11
- Grantland's one-on-one interview with Brad Stevens: Steez, Ties, and Math
- Doc, Defense, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104