|Game Preview: Celtics vs. Pacers||02.27.09 at 1:24 am ET|
On Friday the Boston Celtics (46-13) will return to the TD BankNorth Garden to take on the Indiana Pacers (25-35). It has been nearly three weeks since the Celtics played on their home court, and since then a lot has changed:
- February 13-15: Big Three participate in All-Star Weekend
- February 17: Sam Cassell traded to the Sacramento Kings
- February 19 (day): Patrick O’Bryant traded to the Toronto Raptors
- February 19 (night): Kevin Garnett strains right knee; Celtics lose 90-85 to Utah Jazz
- February 22: Rajon Rondo celebrates 23rd birthday with 32 points in 128-108 win over Phoenix Suns
- February 23: Brian Scalabrine suffers cervical strain; Celtics beat Denver Nuggets 114-76
- February: 24: Stephon Marbury is bought out by the New York Knicks; Mikki Moore signs with the Celtics
- February 25: Moore debuts; Paul Pierce dislocates right thumb; Celtics lose 93-91 to Los Angeles Clippers
- February 26: Gabe Pruitt is arrested in LA for suspicion of DUI; Marbury tells New York Times he will sign with Celtics and be in uniform on February 27
The actual game between the Celtics and Pacers is overshadowed by the question of whether or not Marbury will be a Celtic prior to tip off. While the Celtics may make an addition, both teams are shorthanded. Garnett (knee), Tony Allen (thumb), and Brian Scalabrine (neck) are unavailable for the Celtics. Danny Granger (foot) and Mike Dunleavy (knee) will not play for the Pacers. The Celtics are 2-1 since losing Garnett. The Pacers are 3-1 without Granger.
Tip-off is at 7:30 EST.
- NBA Draft Combine observations
- Terrence Williams Arrested
- Greg Oden working out, "looking right"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?