Report: Marbury to sign today
|02.27.09 at 8:57 am ET|
Stephon Marbury has told Marc Spears of the Boston Globe that he plans on being at the Boston Celtics shootaround this morning once he clears waivers at 10am. The Globe reports he will sign with the Celtics for a prorated veteran minimum $1.3 million. “This is the happiest I’ve been since being drafted, man,” he told the Globe in a telephone interview. “I’m so happy that it doesn’t even feel real. It feels, it just feels like, it feels different to finally be able to get the opportunity to go play for a team that’s established. Everyone is on the same page. There is one goal, and that’s winning a ring, winning the trophy.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?