- Green Street - http://greenstreet.weei.com -
Celtics-Pistons Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
Posted By Jessica Camerato On March 1, 2009 @ 3:00 pm In General | 1 Comment
At the start of the fourth … Pistons 77, Celtics 70
- Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo start the fourth quarter shooting a combined 4-for-17 from the field. The Celtics are 0-for-8 from three-point range while their backcourt accounts for just 16 of their 70 points. (House and Marbury are scoreless.) Rip Hamilton, Rodney Stuckey, and Will Bynum, on the other hand, have scored 35 of the Pistons 77 points.
- Marbury has hit work cut out for him on D. With House on Bynum, Marbury is left to guard Tayhsaun Prince, who has at least seven inches on him. So far so good — the Celtics forced a 24-second violation on the Pistons.
- Two treys from House have the Celtics right back in this game and the Garden on its feet.
- A behind-the-back pass from Marbury led to a flailing layin from Big Baby, his 17th point of the game.
- Phil Collins’ “In the Air Tonight” just doesn’t have the same effect without KG on the court. A chest pump or two would have really added to the atmosphere.
- Ray Allen gave Pierce a few pointers while Leon Powe shot free throws. Pierce has played every minute of this game so far.
- The Celtics are trying to stay in this game with outside shooting, but they have dominated down low the entire afternoon. With three minutes to go they have outscored the Pistons 38-18 in the paint.
- Without Iverson the Pistons have led a balanced offensive attack. Rip Hamilton is proving why he should be a starter and everyone who has played is on the scoreboard.
- The Garden is clearing out with a minute to go. Repeatedly showing babies on the JumboTron doesn’t exactly move the crowd to their feet.
- Final score … Pistons 105, Celtics 95
Article printed from Green Street: http://greenstreet.weei.com
URL to article: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2009/03/01/celtics-pistons-game-blog-fourth-quarter-2/
URLs in this post:
 > Celtics-Pistons Game Blog: Fourth Quarter" data-url="http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2009/03/01/celtics-pistons-game-blog-fourth-quarter-2/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.