Celtics-Pistons Game Blog: Second Quarter
|03.01.09 at 1:32 pm ET|
At the start of the second quarter … Celtics 22, Pistons 20
- The last time Kendrick Perkins and Jason Maxiell met Perk wound up with a flagrant foul and a $10,000 fine. But Perkins has put the January 30th incident behind him. “I don’t really think about that. You just brought it to my mind. I didn’t even think about it, so just go out there and do whatever I’ve got to do and play hard,” Perkins told WEEI.com before Sunday’s game. “I just block it out. I’ve moved on since then.”
- Tony Allen is in taking in the game in street clothes from the Celtics bench. Allen (thumb) will wear a cast on his left hand for another two weeks and hopes to return to action four games before the end of the regular season.
- Looks like the novelty has already worn off. As soon as Stephon Marbury committed a turnover, an angry fan began berating him from the stands.
- Georgia Tech is being represented today. Both Marbury and Pistons guard Will Bynum are former Yellow Jackets.
- Celtics assistant coach Tom Thibodeau spent some one-on-one time with Mikki Moore during a timeout. Moore has picked up three fouls in five minutes, but Doc is leaving him on the court to get acclimated with the Celtics system.
- Leon Powe received a loud ovation when he headed to the bench with nine points and five rebounds in eight minutes.
- Rajon Rondo got tripped up on Rasheed Wallace and fell to the ground while driving to the basket. He got back up, though, and attacked the hoop on the next possession.
- Soulja Boy Jr. was recognized during a timeout for his recent feature in Boston Magazine. Seven-year-old Daylon Trotman was named a Person of Interest in the February issue. Trotman has been entertaining Celtics fans to the tune of Soulja Boy’s “Superman” anthem.
- At halftime … Pistons 55, Celtics 47
- Celtics visit Knicks looking for 3rd straight win
- State of the Celtics: Can Jeff Green be a top two player on a contending...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/7
- State of the Celtics: Is this team too talented to get a high draft pick?
- Should the Boston Celtics Still be Tanking?
- Kris Humphries Seizing the Moment, Leads Boston Celtics past Denver...
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98