Celtics ranked best pro sports team
|03.06.09 at 9:50 am ET|
The Boston Celtics were ranked most successful professional sports team in 2008 by a new bizjournals study. The Detroit Lions were named the least successful.
A total of 122 organizations in the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL were compared on two criteria: games won and money made. Bizjournals reports that in addition to winning the NBA championship and earning a league-high winning percentage during the regular season (.791), the Celtics sold out every home game and saw a 14% increase in franchise value in 2008.
5 Worst NBA Organizations in 2008: overall ranking in parentheses
30. Oklahoma City Thunder/Seattle SuperSonics (108)
29. Sacramento Kings (109)
28. Indiana Pacers (112)
27. Minnesota Timberwolves (117)
26. Memphis Grizzlies (120)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason