Celtics ranked best pro sports team
|03.06.09 at 9:50 am ET|
The Boston Celtics were ranked most successful professional sports team in 2008 by a new bizjournals study. The Detroit Lions were named the least successful.
A total of 122 organizations in the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL were compared on two criteria: games won and money made. Bizjournals reports that in addition to winning the NBA championship and earning a league-high winning percentage during the regular season (.791), the Celtics sold out every home game and saw a 14% increase in franchise value in 2008.
5 Worst NBA Organizations in 2008: overall ranking in parentheses
30. Oklahoma City Thunder/Seattle SuperSonics (108)
29. Sacramento Kings (109)
28. Indiana Pacers (112)
27. Minnesota Timberwolves (117)
26. Memphis Grizzlies (120)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...