Celtics ranked best pro sports team
|03.06.09 at 9:50 am ET|
The Boston Celtics were ranked most successful professional sports team in 2008 by a new bizjournals study. The Detroit Lions were named the least successful.
A total of 122 organizations in the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL were compared on two criteria: games won and money made. Bizjournals reports that in addition to winning the NBA championship and earning a league-high winning percentage during the regular season (.791), the Celtics sold out every home game and saw a 14% increase in franchise value in 2008.
5 Worst NBA Organizations in 2008: overall ranking in parentheses
30. Oklahoma City Thunder/Seattle SuperSonics (108)
29. Sacramento Kings (109)
28. Indiana Pacers (112)
27. Minnesota Timberwolves (117)
26. Memphis Grizzlies (120)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?