Celtics-Magic Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
|03.08.09 at 1:54 pm ET|
At the start of the fourth quarter … Magic 69, Celtics 56
– The good news for Celtics fans is, the Celtics cut the Magic’s lead to 13. The bad news is, they were only able to get within 13 without Dwight Howard on the court. Howard and Rashard Lewis picked up their fourth personal fouls in the third and coach Stan Van Gundy is saving them for late in the game. Both are starting the fourth quarter. The Celtics window of opportunity may just closed.
– There is life in the Garden again. The Magic turned the ball over out of bounds on two consecutive posessions, helping the Celtics get back within 10.
– Pierce passed Robert Parish to become the third all-time leading scorer in franchise history with 18,246 points.
– There seems to be an argument everytime the ball goes out of bounds. So far, though, no technicals have been handed out.
– The Celtics may be down by seven with three minutes to go but they are in control of this game right now. Ray Allen has exploded for 13 points in the fourth quarter and the Magic are falling short on the offensive end.
– Suddenly it’s a three-point game with just over a minute to go.
– Both teams are trying to win from long range.
– Final score … Magic 86, Celtics 79
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason