Celtics-Magic Game Blog: Third Quarter
|03.08.09 at 1:25 pm ET|
Here’s your hard-hitting analysis on the first half: Blech. The Celtics were outplayed, outrebounded, out-defended, out-everything’d. Do they have a run in them? We should find out soon.
THIRD QUARTER WRAP: The intensity was back on the defensive end for the Celtics, but they are still down 13, 69-56, and Ray Allen and Paul Pierce have played 67 of a possible 72 minutes so far. They’ve put themselves in position to make one more run at this, but it had better happen quickly.
Third Quarter Observations
– Something tells me the C’s got read the riot act in the locker room at halftime. The job for them this quarter is to get it into single digits. Every shot they have taken in the first two and a half minutes, even the ones they’ve missed, have been better shots than they got in the first half.
– There’s a break. Dwight Howard just got his fourth foul. He has been killing the Celtics inside.
– Baby now has five fouls. And he’s limping as he comes off the floor and being carried to the locker room by Eddie Lacerte and JR Giddens.
– Give the Celtics this: They have picked up the intensity on defense, but all it takes is a jumper here or there by Rashard Lewis or Hedo Turkoglu to wipe out a solid three-minute stretch.
– The Celtics undersized front line looks downright lilliputian compared to Orlando’s brick wall of Howard, Marcin Gortat and Tony Battie. Gortat looks like he should be an extra in a Guy Ritchie film, by the way.
– Got to give Ray Allen credit as well. He’s been about the only positive for the Celtics, but at what point does Doc cut his losses and give Allen and Paul Pierce some extended bench time? He’s down to 10 healthy players and two of them are Bill Walker and Giddens, not exactly rotation mainstays.
– Here’s the update on Big Baby: He has a right ankle sprain and will not be back.
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...