A slump for Pierce?
|03.23.09 at 8:06 pm ET|
Paul Pierce has been carrying the Celtics through the second half of the season, especially in the wake of injuries to Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett, but after going 3-for-16 against the Spurs and 2-for-6 against Memphis a few of the writers wanted to know if anything was up with the Captain. “He’s human,” Doc Rivers said. “Sometimes the ball doesn’t go in. I was very in touch with that emotion when I was a player.”
Before that Pierce had gone off for 37 points against Chicago and 36 against the Heat, but the bigger number has been 40, as in the amount of minutes he’s been playing in the month of March. Rivers acknowledged that he has to get that number down.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...