A slump for Pierce?
|03.23.09 at 8:06 pm ET|
Paul Pierce has been carrying the Celtics through the second half of the season, especially in the wake of injuries to Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett, but after going 3-for-16 against the Spurs and 2-for-6 against Memphis a few of the writers wanted to know if anything was up with the Captain. “He’s human,” Doc Rivers said. “Sometimes the ball doesn’t go in. I was very in touch with that emotion when I was a player.”
Before that Pierce had gone off for 37 points against Chicago and 36 against the Heat, but the bigger number has been 40, as in the amount of minutes he’s been playing in the month of March. Rivers acknowledged that he has to get that number down.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason