A slump for Pierce?
|03.23.09 at 8:06 pm ET|
Paul Pierce has been carrying the Celtics through the second half of the season, especially in the wake of injuries to Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett, but after going 3-for-16 against the Spurs and 2-for-6 against Memphis a few of the writers wanted to know if anything was up with the Captain. “He’s human,” Doc Rivers said. “Sometimes the ball doesn’t go in. I was very in touch with that emotion when I was a player.”
Before that Pierce had gone off for 37 points against Chicago and 36 against the Heat, but the bigger number has been 40, as in the amount of minutes he’s been playing in the month of March. Rivers acknowledged that he has to get that number down.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?