|03.26.09 at 9:16 pm ET|
A big break just went Xavier’s way and in a close game, it may be the difference.
B.J. Raymond took a long jumper from the right wing with four seconds remaining on the shot clock. The shot was off the mark but Derrick Brown collected the ball and put it in. The shot clock was at zero but the basket was ruled good.
The video board was showing the CBS replay with a telestrator circling the shot clock at zero but they faded to black. The basket with just under seven minutes put Xavier up, 47-46.
Jermaine Dixon moments ago missed a layup when it appeared he was going to style on a dunk, but Levance Fields was Johnny on the Spot and put back the miss for an easy two Panther points.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason