|Early thoughts||03.28.09 at 7:23 pm ET|
Villanova jumped out to a quick 10-3 lead with 15:18 left in the first. And when Scottie Reynolds hit a floater in the lane, Pitt coach Jamie Dixon was forced to call a timeout, even though the official timeout benchmark of 16:00 had passed.
The crowd again is again heavily dominated by Villanova supporters. We told you about Ray Ventrone in the crowd. Rollie Massimino, mastermind of the 66-64 upset of Georgetown in 1985 is sitting in the first row of seats behind press/radio row.
Both teams are showing the early jitters. Villanova made just three of thier first 10 shots. Pittsburgh converted just two of their first seven. DeJuan Blair picked up an early foul when he tackled Reggie Redding after a steal, and like in the Xavier game, Pitt coach Jamie Dixon took him out until the next whistle.
- Celtics deny Brooklyn Nets permission to speak to Doc Rivers
- Wyc Grousbeck: "I don't know what will happen"
- Jared Sullinger on the comeback trail
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/23
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed
- A look at Eric Gordon