Tony Allen gets closer
|03.29.09 at 7:22 pm ET|
Tony Allen is going to see a hand specialist Monday and if all goes well he could be ready to play next Wednesday, April 8, when the Celtics host New Jersey. It’s possible, but not likely, that Allen could return even sooner but for now the plan is to let him get a few practices under his belt. “Our practices are like game speed anyway,” Allen said before Sunday’s game with Oklahoma City.
Allen has been encouraged by his progress, which has included him taking part in pregame shootarounds. He did concede that the thumb is still a little sore. His original prognosis was six-to-eight weeks and he is just now coming up on six weeks.
When Allen does return he will likely wear a modified cast to protect his thumb and he noted that won’t be sure how it will hold up to contact until he goes through it. With JR Giddens in the D-League, the Celtics are down to 10 healthy bodies.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason