No NCAA Tourney Regrets for Perkins
|03.31.09 at 8:00 am ET|
Kendrick Perkins and Kevin Garnett are the only members of the Boston Celtics to go straight from high school to the NBA. Of their teammates who chose the NCAA, nearly all of them experienced March Madness.
Even though Perkins made an early jump to the pros, the 2003 Clifton J. Ozen High School graduate still gets caught up in the excitement of the NCAA Tournament.
‘It’s fun because I’ve been watching a lot of games,’ he said. ‘It’s been very interesting just watching all the buzzer beaters, teams getting upset.’
‘No,’ he said without hesitation. ‘I don’t think anything substitutes for being in the NBA. It’s like, I’ve never known what it’s like to be in college so I never have any regrets or anything like that.’
It’s easier for Perkins to have no regrets when he can place his world championship ring next to his high school diploma.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?