Tony Allen to return
|04.01.09 at 3:04 pm ET|
“I’m going to give it a shot and see how it goes,” the Boston Globe reported Allen as saying following this morning’s shootaround. “Today is a big day for me. I’m not looking at going out and scoring 50 points, nothing like that. Just getting in a rhythm and getting a feel for my new teammates and just trying to do what I can do to help.”
Allen has missed a total of 35 games this season. He figures to give the Celtics some much-needed depth off the bench as a defensive stopper. How much he plays is not certain and will likely be determined by his stamina and the game situation.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?