Ray for Hall of Fame
|04.02.09 at 12:39 am ET|
It should be pretty obvious to everyone who watches the NBA that Ray Allen will be headed to Springfield and the Basketball Hall of Fame after his career is over.
Wednesday night’s game-winner is just another moment in a career filled with game-winning heroics.
Listen to the praise of his teammates.
Paul Pierce: ‘That’s Ray. He’s a future Hall of Famer, and great players find a way. When Ray shoots and misses shots, it doesn’t discourage him. You know this from great players. His confidence is through the roof regardless if he’s missed two, three, or four hundred shots in a row, he always feels like the next one is going to go in. I’ll proclaim Ray the greatest shooter in the history of the NBA that I’ve ever seen.’
Eddie House, who actually gave advice to Ray when he noticed he wasn’t getting lift in his shot earlier in the game: ‘It just takes one. I told Ray, I told him don’t worry man you’re going knock it down when we really need and he did exactly that. Shooters aren’t afraid to take the next shot, always got confidence in self. Even when he had some air balls he came back and found himself. That’s just a hall of fame player right there.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?