|04.08.09 at 9:55 pm ET|
It’s over at the Garden with the Celtics holding on to a 106-104 victory over the Nets. Things got a little tighter than they might have wanted as New Jersey got a pair of 3-point looks in the final seconds that could have won the game, but both Vince Carter and Devin Harris’ shots were off the mark.
Rajon Rondo led the way with 31 points, nine rebounds and five assists. With the win the C’s stayed a game ahead of Orlando in the race for second place (The Magic held off Memphis) and kept Cleveland from clinching the top overall seed for at least one more day. One Cavalier win, or Celtics loss, will give Cleveland the No. 1 seed.
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning