|04.08.09 at 9:55 pm ET|
It’s over at the Garden with the Celtics holding on to a 106-104 victory over the Nets. Things got a little tighter than they might have wanted as New Jersey got a pair of 3-point looks in the final seconds that could have won the game, but both Vince Carter and Devin Harris’ shots were off the mark.
Rajon Rondo led the way with 31 points, nine rebounds and five assists. With the win the C’s stayed a game ahead of Orlando in the race for second place (The Magic held off Memphis) and kept Cleveland from clinching the top overall seed for at least one more day. One Cavalier win, or Celtics loss, will give Cleveland the No. 1 seed.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...