|04.10.09 at 8:42 pm ET|
The man of the hour, or the half, whichever you prefer, is Stephon Marbury. As Marbury’s play has improved over the last few weeks the one thing still missing has been his shot. Early in the second quarter, Marbury pulled up on the break and knocked down an elbow jumper. That shot appeared to galvanize him as he finished the quarter with eight points and shot 4-for-5 from the floor.
Marbury’s play, and a solid defensive effort from the second unit got the Celtics the lead, but they still are having a problem with Jermaine O’Neal who has racked up 14 points and six rebounds. The C’s have managed to hold Dwyane Wade mostly in check and the Heat have shot a shockingly bad 4-of-10 from the free throw line. That’s helped them take a 54-47 lead into the break.
The highlight of the night, though, was Bill Walker’s reverse alley-oop jam. I talked to Walker before the game about Tony Allen’s similar dunk during the Nets game Wednesday and told him that I still preferred his tomahawk jam on Memphis’ Darrell Arthur a few weeks ago. Walker thanked me for the compliment but added that TA’s dunk “was pretty sweet.” Now he’s got one of his own.
One more note from the first half: Rajon Rondo is flirting with a triple-double. He’s got five points, six rebounds and five assists.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason