Ainge suffers heart attack
|04.16.09 at 6:23 pm ET|
Austin Ainge, the son of Boston Celtics General Manager Danny Ainge, has confirmed to WEEI.com’s Jeff Goodman that his father did suffer a heart attack early Thursday morning and was taken to the hospital. Austin Ainge says that his father is expected to be released from the hospital in the next couple of days. WCVB was the first to report this story, stating Ainge woke up Thursday morning with chest pains and taken to a hospital, where it was discovered that he had an artery which was 100 percent clogged, forcing a stent to be inserted. Ainge was originally scheduled to appear on WEEI’s The Big Show Thursday afternoon, but was not available due to sickness.
- Grantland's one-on-one interview with Brad Stevens: Steez, Ties, and Math
- Doc, Defense, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development