KG needs bone spur surgery
|04.16.09 at 1:46 pm ET|
WALTHAM – Once Kevin Garnett’s season does come to an end, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said the star will need surgery on a bone spur in his right knee that is not related to the knee injury suffered on Feb. 19 in Utah.
“We knew he needed (surgery) before that injury ever happened,” Rivers said. Rivers also said that Garnett has been asked by the team to be on the bench during the playoffs for emotional support. Garnett was at the practice facility but did not speak about his injury.
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4
- Early conclusions after 20 games
- Jared Sullinger Drawing the Double Team and Assessing the Boston Celtics...
- Jordan Crawford Does it Again, Boston Celtics beat Milwaukee Bucks...
- Boston Celtics respond with a win, beat Milwaukee Bucks, 108-100
- Jeff Green Latest to Shoot Down Boston Celtics Tanking Talk