Ainge still resting comfortably
|04.17.09 at 11:35 am ET|
WALTHAM – There has been no update so far today on the condition of Danny Ainge, who was reported to be resting comfortably after suffering a mild heart attack on Thursday morning. Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss said the team had not heard anything new from his family on Friday.
WCVB-TV first reported that Ainge had 100 percent blockage in an artery, which was treated with the insertion of a stent at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Jeff Goodman of WEEI.com and Foxsports.com confirmed the report through Ainge’s son Austin that the Celtics’ Vice President of Basketball Operations suffered a heart attack and is resting comfortably after being taken to the hospital early Thursday morning.
The team issued this statement on Ainge’s condition on Thursday evening: “Danny Ainge is recovering at Massachusetts General Hospital after having a minor heart attack. He is recovering nicely. Mr. Ainge is expected to remain in the hospital for a few days.”
Meanwhile, the team began practice at 11 this morning in Waltham in a final preparation for Game 1 of their series with Chicago on Saturday afternoon at 12:30 at TD Banknorth Garden.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?